Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by ra...@tcs.com on 2004/10/07 09:12:15 UTC

Re: Xalan C++ support for exsl:document

We are trying to implement that extension to meet one of our project's
requirements.
We found that Xalana Java parser is using executeChildTemplates function
to execute children of XSL element.
Please inform us about similar method in Xalan C++ API.

Thanks&regards,
Mukkamala Radha Kameswari
Tata Consultancy Services Limited
Mailto: radha.k@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com

Matthew Hoyt <mh...@ca.ibm.com>
09/29/2004 06:10 PM

xalan-c-users@xml.apache.org
cc
radha.k@tcs.com
Subject
Re: Xalan C++ support for exsl:document

Hi ,

Xalan-C++does not currently support  exsl:document.   As far as I know,
there are no immediate plans to implement this functionality.

You can see which EXSLT functions we support here:
http://xml.apache.org/xalan-c/extensionslib.html

If you decide implement this function yourself, you are welcome to
contribute it for inclusion in future releases of Xalan-C++.

-Matt.

"Ampavatina \(EXT\), Siva" <x_...@ugs.com>
09/28/2004 09:31 AM

Please respond to
xalan-c-users

<xa...@xml.apache.org>, <xa...@xml.apache.org>
cc
<ra...@tcs.com>
Subject
Xalan C++ support for exsl:document

Hi,
We would like to generate multiple output files from XSL.
But using exsl:document with the name space http://exlt:org/document,
which is similar to redirect function provided by  Xalan Java parser.
This is not generating multiple files with XALAN C++ parser v1.8.
Please inform us whether this is supported or not.
Thanks,
Radha Kameswari
ForwardSourceID:NT00003D0E

DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this message is intended only and solely for the addressed individual or entity indicated in this message and for the exclusive use of the said addressed individual or entity indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person) and may contain legally privileged and confidential information belonging to Tata Consultancy Services Limited. It must not be printed, read, copied, disclosed, forwarded, distributed or used (in whatsoever manner) by any person other than the addressee. Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying is strictly prohibited and may constitute unlawful act and can possibly attract legal action, civil and/or criminal. The contents of this message need not necessarily reflect or endorse the views of Tata Consultancy Services limited on any subject matter.
  Any action taken or omitted to be taken based on this message is entirely at your risk and neither the originator of this message nor Tata Consultancy Services Limited takes any responsibility or liability towards the same. Opinions, conclusions and any other information contained in this message that do not relate to the official business of Tata Consultancy Services limited shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by Tata Consultancy Services Limited or any affiliate of Tata Consultancy Services Limited. If you have received this message in error,  you should destroy this message and may please notify the sender by e-mail.
 Thank you.

Re: Xalan C++ support for exsl:document

Posted by da...@us.ibm.com.
> We are trying to implement that extension to meet one of our
> project's requirements.  We found that Xalana Java parser
> is using executeChildTemplates function to execute children
> of XSL element. Please inform us about similar method in
> Xalan C++ API.

Since Xalan-C++ does not support extension elements, there is no way to
explicitly execute the children of a template from user code.

Dave