Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Krista Hamilton <wh...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/04 08:41:41 UTC

Windows 8

Hi, I am having an issue with the OpenOffice Writer. Every time I try to
use Web View, it ends up slowing the program to un-usability. I've tried to
compatibility troubleshooter, Hi PDI scaling, disable Hi DPI scaling,
compatibility mode, no compatibility mode, etc. Can't seem to get it to
work in Web View seamlessly.

I'm running Windows 8.1, on a 2014 Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (with 3200x1800
display).

Thank you for your time.

Re: Windows 8

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Sat, 3 May 2014 23:41:41 -0700
Krista Hamilton <wh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, I am having an issue with the OpenOffice Writer. Every time I try to
> use Web View, it ends up slowing the program to un-usability. I've tried to
> compatibility troubleshooter, Hi PDI scaling, disable Hi DPI scaling,
> compatibility mode, no compatibility mode, etc. Can't seem to get it to
> work in Web View seamlessly.
>
> I'm running Windows 8.1, on a 2014 Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (with 3200x1800
> display).
>
> Thank you for your time.

There was an earlier problem (fixed in 8.x? - I'm not sure) with OpenOffice running on displays wider than 2560 pixels. Try reducing your display width, as a short term expedient, to see if this improves response.

Be aware that OO does not produce the best HTML code; if you are doing serious work in HTML OO may not be the best tool of choice.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>