Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Jordan Zimmerman <jz...@netflix.com> on 2011/08/12 20:21:07 UTC

Adding nodes to an ensemble

It seems implicit in the docs that it's not possible to add nodes (even
Observers) to an existing ensemble without restarting each node in the
ensemble. i.e. The zoo.cfg has to be changed for each node. Is this true?
Is there any work being done on a broadcast protocol that doesn't require
static config?

-JZ

Re: Adding nodes to an ensemble

Posted by Vishal Kher <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

ZooKeeper allows you to add observers without restarting the voting members.
Try setting the id on each new observer to Long.MAX_VALUE and see if it
works.

PS: I have not tried this myself.

-Vishal

Posted by Alexander Shraer <sh...@yahoo-inc.com>.