Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by David Wynter <da...@btclick.com> on 2002/01/31 14:58:52 UTC

Finding out more about internal connection errors

I am using 4 DBConnections for a task that runs from the TurbineScheduler. I
seem to get
CLOSING DOWN CONNECTION DUE TO INTERNAL ERROR to stderr which I have found
is associated with the TurbineDB.connectionErrorOccurred(). How do I find
out more about why this is happening? I am using Oracle with classes12.jar

I use

            TurbineDB.registerPool(poolname, Driver, DbURL, UserId,
Password);
            dbConnI=TurbineDB.getConnection(poolname);
            dbConnI.setAutoCommit(false);
            dbConnO=TurbineDB.getConnection(poolname);
            dbConnO.setAutoCommit(false);
            dbConnU=TurbineDB.getConnection(poolname);
            dbConnU.setAutoCommit(false);
            dbConnD=TurbineDB.getConnection(poolname);
            dbConnD.setAutoCommit(false);

To set the connections up.

And then when I am finished I release them back to the pool with

            TurbineDB.releaseConnection(dbConnI);
            TurbineDB.releaseConnection(dbConnO);
            TurbineDB.releaseConnection(dbConnD);
            TurbineDB.releaseConnection(dbConnU);

Do I need to close these connections first?

Thanks

David

Re: Finding out more about internal connection errors

Posted by Costas Stergiou <cs...@hq.acn.gr>.
The following code works fine (tested for months now):

DBConnection db = null;
Connection con = null;
try{
    db = TurbineDB.getConnection();