Posted to user@hive.apache.org by "Hezhiqiang (Ransom)" <ra...@huawei.com> on 2012/05/14 04:10:13 UTC

how to create index on hbase?

Hi all
I want to create index on hbase, but it was faild .
This is the sql. How to create index on HBase?

create index i_hhive on hhive(c1,c2) as "compact" with deferred rebuild  STORED BY 'org.apache.hadoop.hive.hbase.HBaseStorageHandler'
WITH SERDEPROPERTIES ("hbase.columns.mapping" = ":key,cf1:val,cf1:val2,cf1:val3") TBLPROPERTIES ("hbase.table.name" = "xyz");

When rebuild index,throws exception.
hive> ALTER INDEX i_txt_hhive ON hhive1 REBUILD;
FAILED: Error in semantic analysis: org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveException: must specify an InputFormat class

Best regards
Ransom.

Re: how to create index on hbase?

Posted by Abhishek Pratap Singh <ma...@gmail.com>.
Does Hbase support secondary indexes? I don't think so!!!  I m not sure you
can create indexes in Hbase even if it is integrated with hive.

Regards,
Abhishek