Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Darren Hartford <dh...@ghsinc.com> on 2005/07/22 16:10:07 UTC

[m1] obscure "Java heap memory" issue [urgent as one can get for open source]

Hey all,
Win2000, jdk5, tested with Maven 1.0.2 and maven 1.1-beta-1 issue:

I have multiple projects that all work fine, but something happened to
only one project where I keep getting "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java
heap space".

Doing something as simple as 'maven -e clean' causes this error, while
other projects are fine.  The -e produces no extra output, nor does -X.
MAVEN_OPTS just makes it run longer until the heap space error with same
output.  All goals on the same project all cause outofmemoryerrors.

This project used to work fine, but then one day just keep getting
memory errors (I thought it was because I was running a lot of apps, but
even clean reboot on 1G ram/p4 still happening). Not that big of a
project, two ejb session beans with webservices for deployment to jboss.

Any pointers on where I should look?  Thanks, production project that
got 'stuck' because of the build tool :-(
-D

Re: [m1] obscure "Java heap memory" issue [urgent as one can get for open source]

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
that's weird.

Can you thread dump it while it is processing? I think ctrl-\ or
ctrl-bksp works on windows (kill -3 on unix).

Do you have another machine to test it on?

Hope this helps - if you need immediate help, IRC is probably more
expedient (available over http as well). irc.codehaus.org channel
#maven.

 - Brett