Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org> on 2001/07/19 22:16:03 UTC

[VOTE] add "on-xxx" to Cocoon 2.0 form validation

I just checked in some additions to the "xsp-formval" logicsheet in
Cocoon 2.1 that allow you to have XML constructed like this:

<xsp-formval:on-toosmall name="userid">
  <waning>The user id must be at least 5 characters</warning>
</xsp-formval:on-toosmall>

I find this very useful, and it eliminates most of my need to have
"xsp:logic" tags in my markup.  Please note, I did not do away with
the "xsp-formval:is-toosmall" style tags.

[VOTE]
Since this is added functionality, and does not alter existing use
of the "xsp-formval" logicsheet, should we make this available for
Cocoon 2.0 as well?

I am +1.

Re: [VOTE] add "on-xxx" to Cocoon 2.0 form validation

Posted by Christian Haul <ha...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.
On 19.Jul.2001 -- 04:16 PM, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> I just checked in some additions to the "xsp-formval" logicsheet in
> Cocoon 2.1 that allow you to have XML constructed like this:
>

> <xsp-formval:on-toosmall name="userid">
>   <waning>The user id must be at least 5 characters</warning>
> </xsp-formval:on-toosmall>
>

> I find this very useful, and it eliminates most of my need to have
> "xsp:logic" tags in my markup.  Please note, I did not do away with
> the "xsp-formval:is-toosmall" style tags.
>
> [VOTE]
> Since this is added functionality, and does not alter existing use
> of the "xsp-formval" logicsheet, should we make this available for
> Cocoon 2.0 as well?
>

> I am +1.

+1

	Chris.

--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de

Re: [VOTE] add "on-xxx" to Cocoon 2.0 form validation

Posted by giacomo <gi...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 19 Jul 2001, Berin Loritsch wrote:

> I just checked in some additions to the "xsp-formval" logicsheet in
> Cocoon 2.1 that allow you to have XML constructed like this:
>

> <xsp-formval:on-toosmall name="userid">
>   <waning>The user id must be at least 5 characters</warning>
> </xsp-formval:on-toosmall>
>

> I find this very useful, and it eliminates most of my need to have
> "xsp:logic" tags in my markup.  Please note, I did not do away with
> the "xsp-formval:is-toosmall" style tags.
>
> [VOTE]
> Since this is added functionality, and does not alter existing use
> of the "xsp-formval" logicsheet, should we make this available for
> Cocoon 2.0 as well?

+1 for me

Giacomo