Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by Joakim Erdfelt <jo...@erdfelt.com> on 2007/07/23 23:45:55 UTC

Help Needed: Tomcat & Archiva Woes

We have been getting many reports of issues with Tomcat and Archiva.

We need your help to track down what is causing these issues.
Please goto http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-333 and file your details.

When reporting details, please include the following ....

   1. Java version? (specifics please, "1.5" is insufficient. "Java
      HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2_12-b03, mixed mode)" is of much
      more use.)
   2. Are you running the JDK or JRE?
   3. What version of Tomcat?
   4. Where did you get your version of Tomcat? (downloaded from
      apache.org, installed from OS packaging tool, etc...)
   5. What kind of OS are you running? (versions and service pack
      details are helpful)
   6. Are you using the embedded Derby Database or an external Database?
          * If an external Database, then the name and version of the
            database is helpful.
          * JDBC specifics too, what JDBC driver are you using? What
            version?
          * How do you have the JNDI Database connection configured?
            (yes, there are many ways to do this)
   7. Have you have tried the recommendations on
      http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Archiva+on+Tomcat^ ? If
      not, why not?

[ Show ยป <http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-333> ]
Joakim Erdfelt
<http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ViewProfile.jspa?name=joakime> -
[10/May/07 12:51 PM ] When reporting details, please include the

--
- Joakim Erdfelt
  joakim@erdfelt.com

Re: Help Needed: Tomcat & Archiva Woes

Posted by Joakim Erdfelt <jo...@erdfelt.com>.
Joakim Erdfelt wrote:
> We have been getting many reports of issues with Tomcat and Archiva.
>
> We need your help to track down what is causing these issues.
> Please goto http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-333 and file your
> details.
>
> When reporting details, please include the following ....
>
>   1. Java version? (specifics please, "1.5" is insufficient. "Java
>      HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2_12-b03, mixed mode)" is of much
>      more use.)
>   2. Are you running the JDK or JRE?
>   3. What version of Tomcat?
>   4. Where did you get your version of Tomcat? (downloaded from
>      apache.org, installed from OS packaging tool, etc...)
>   5. What kind of OS are you running? (versions and service pack
>      details are helpful)
>   6. Are you using the embedded Derby Database or an external Database?
>          * If an external Database, then the name and version of the
>            database is helpful.
>          * JDBC specifics too, what JDBC driver are you using? What
>            version?
>          * How do you have the JNDI Database connection configured?
>            (yes, there are many ways to do this)
>   7. Have you have tried the recommendations on
>      http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Archiva+on+Tomcat^ ? If
>      not, why not?

Ok, and apparently i need help with my email client too. ;-)
Paste HTML, send as plain text seems to have duplicated the message. neat!