Posted to announce@apachecon.com by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com> on 2000/01/06 23:22:58 UTC

Latest update: keynotes, sessions, and social events

Greetings!

Here's the latest buzz:

1. The three keynotes (IBM, Sun, and the Apache Software
   Foundation) are all now finalised.  The abstracts and times
   are on the session page.

2. The session schedule page hase been cleaned up, and the
   layout is now finally accurate.  (I think.)  It includes
   the breaks, and keynotes, and lunch, and the reception.

3. At the moment, due to lack of a sponsor for it, we will
   NOT be having a social event.  We *will* have discount
   coupons for nearby attractions, however.

The schedule page is <http://ApacheCon.Com/html/sessions.html>.
--
#ken    P-)}

Conference!  <http://ApacheCon.Com/>

Re: Latest update: keynotes, sessions, and social events

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.
Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> 3. At the moment, due to lack of a sponsor for it, we will
>    NOT be having a social event.  We *will* have discount
>    coupons for nearby attractions, however.

Allow me to clarify:  We ARE still having a welcome reception
on Thursday night, with food and drink for all.  We're just
not going to have a big off-site party at DisneyWorld or
Cape Canaveral or someplace like that, the way we did at the
Exploratorium in San Francisco in 1998.

Please DO join us at the reception Thursday night!