Posted to users@camel.apache.org by James Carr <ja...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/03 08:47:59 UTC

Camel IRC Message Router Example

The actual problem I needed camel to solve at work was rather dull and
a straightforward forwarding of messages, so I dreamed up a fun little
app to learn some of camel's features better.

The result is an IRC bot that can parse javascript and ruby
expressions (more could be added, but I left off there). ;)

You can find it on github: http://github.com/jamescarr/irc-camel-example

Let me know what you think! :)

Thanks,
James

Re: Camel IRC Message Router Example

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 8:47 AM, James Carr <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The actual problem I needed camel to solve at work was rather dull and
> a straightforward forwarding of messages, so I dreamed up a fun little
> app to learn some of camel's features better.
>
> The result is an IRC bot that can parse javascript and ruby
> expressions (more could be added, but I left off there). ;)
>
> You can find it on github: http://github.com/jamescarr/irc-camel-example
>
> Let me know what you think! :)

Cool one. I add a link to it from the Camel articles page.
Yeah sometimes you need some fun projects to try more wild stuff than
the most trivial business problems challenges us.

Check out G Nodets IRC JIRA bot as well. Its all done in a single XML page :)
http://gnodet.blogspot.com/2009/10/jira-notification-system-for-irc-using.html

--
Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer