Posted to community@apache.org by Shane Curcuru <as...@shanecurcuru.org> on 2008/09/01 13:54:00 UTC

Re: Open Expo Zürich Booth

Great!  We've always wanted to get more ASF-folk participation at other
conferences, but it's always hard to get enough committed individuals to
staff a formal booth.  Both concom and PRC should be happy to help
provide organizational support, but we rely on you all to actually
attend the conference and either give the talks or sit at the booth, if
we're going to have one for the ASF.

Jeremias Maerki <je...@apache.org> wrote:
> I've designed a proposal for the main booth poster (size A2, done in
> Inkscape). I'd appreciate some feedback:
> http://people.apache.org/~jeremias/asf/

Looks great.  I presume that represents *all* the TLP's?  I like the
additional words too.

We've had a 3-fold brochure written in the past, but I can't for the
life of me remember 1) if it was on concom@ or prc@, and 2) don't know
if it's still relevant (it may have been from when we had only 40 TLP's!).

- Shane

Re: Open Expo Z?rich Booth

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> Shane Curcuru wrote:
> > Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> > > I've designed a proposal for the main booth poster (size A2, done in
> > > Inkscape). I'd appreciate some feedback:
> > > http://people.apache.org/~jeremias/asf/
> >
> > Looks great.  I presume that represents *all* the TLP's?  I like the
> > additional words too.
>
> Basically yes, although I have replaced "XML Graphics" with "FOP" and
> "Batik" and "Logging Services" with "Log4J". If there are any more words
> that should be in there, just tell me.

Infrastructure

and perhaps ...

Board
PMC
legal-discuss

Thanks for doing this - a great idea.

-David

Re: Open Expo Zürich Booth

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <je...@apache.org>.
On 01.09.2008 13:54:00 Shane Curcuru wrote:
> Great!  We've always wanted to get more ASF-folk participation at other
> conferences, but it's always hard to get enough committed individuals to
> staff a formal booth.  Both concom and PRC should be happy to help
> provide organizational support, but we rely on you all to actually
> attend the conference and either give the talks or sit at the booth, if
> we're going to have one for the ASF.

I don't think we need much organizational support for the booth. That's
easily done and most of it is already taken care of. What really remains
is to have more "paperware" that we can hang up or distribute. I'm happy
to put all the files I've created in SVN somewhere, probably
/foundation/Press/<something>, if that's desired. So if there's any
ready-to-use texts from the PRC that could be used for such a brochure
I'm grateful. Otherwise, I'll just try to put something together from
the website content.

> Jeremias Maerki <je...@apache.org> wrote:
> > I've designed a proposal for the main booth poster (size A2, done in
> > Inkscape). I'd appreciate some feedback:
> > http://people.apache.org/~jeremias/asf/
>
> Looks great.  I presume that represents *all* the TLP's?  I like the
> additional words too.

Basically yes, although I have replaced "XML Graphics" with "FOP" and
"Batik" and "Logging Services" with "Log4J". If there are any more words
that should be in there, just tell me.

Thanks for the feedback!

> We've had a 3-fold brochure written in the past, but I can't for the
> life of me remember 1) if it was on concom@ or prc@, and 2) don't know
> if it's still relevant (it may have been from when we had only 40 TLP's!).

I remember seeing one at ApacheCon EU 2005 in Stuttgart but I haven't
found the files in any of the obvious places.

Jeremias Maerki