Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Pete Lamborne <pe...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/20 02:31:40 UTC

mavan tomcat plugin (embedded tomcat) - access log format

Hi all,

I've got a unique deployment -- I'm using the new <webapp> tag in the
plugin to deploy multiple webapps in an embedded plugin, then running
load/integration tests against them.  I have all that working great.
 Problem is I need to analyze the access logs and the default format with
the plugin does not contain the response time.  So I need to furnish a
custom conversion pattern to tomcat.

The only option I can see with the plugin is using a custom server.xml, but
I can't get that working correctly because the war's won't expand since
they live outside of embedded-tomcat-7's docBase.  The plugin seems to do
some magic to work around that using the <webapp> configuration option.

Can anyone tell me, or give an example, of how I can pass a conversion
pattern to the access valve logging system?

Maybe passing a file using
"*tomcatLoggingFile<http://tomcat.apache.org/maven-plugin-2.0/tomcat7-maven-plugin/run-war-mojo.html#tomcatLoggingFile>",
or a jvm argument, or suggestions on how to make a server.xml work that
will expand the war's from my build's sub-modules?*
*
*
*Thanks,*
*Pete*

Re: mavan tomcat plugin (embedded tomcat) - access log format

Posted by Pete Lamborne <pe...@gmail.com>.
Solution:

It's easy to specify a context.xml.  I'm already using a special one for
injection of performance-gauging configs, and a valve is attachable to a
host, engine, or context.  I attached access log valves to each context
with the requisite conversion patterns in each app's context.xml.