Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Michael Mior <mm...@apache.org> on 2022/04/26 14:53:25 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Master branch renamed to main

The master branch has now been renamed to main. If you have an existing
checkout, please follow the steps below (thanks to Francis!) to ensure your
local master branch is also correctly renamed. Note that if you do not have
any local changes, you can also simply clone a new copy of the repository
and the default branch will now be main.

   1. Ensure you are in the repository's folder in your command line.
   2. Stash any uncommitted changes:
      - git stash
   3. Check out your local master branch:
      - git checkout master
   4. Rename your local master branch to main:
      - git branch -m master main
   5. Fetch latest commits and branches from remote:
      - git fetch
   6. Remove the tracking branch:
      - git branch --unset-upstream
   7. Create a new tracking branch (assuming the remote is called origin):
      - git branch -u origin/main
   8. Restore your uncommitted changes:
      - git stash pop

--
Michael Mior
mmior@apache.org

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Master branch renamed to main

Posted by Francis Chuang <fr...@apache.org>.
Not sure how the stage-vote-release-plugin works internally, but I think
the branch is not set in calcite and calcite-avatica originally, so
perhaps it's smart enough to use the name of the current branch instead
of defaulting to master.

Posted by Michael Mior <mm...@apache.org>.
Thanks for checking Francis! Hopefully that means we won't have any issues.

--
Michael Mior
mmior@apache.org

Posted by Francis Chuang <fr...@apache.org>.