Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org> on 2006/12/27 01:27:01 UTC

Eclipse and EAR plugins

Guys,

I just did a clean install of CentOS (redhat linux), a fresh download
of 2.0.4, no existing local repository,  with java 1.5 and I get
failures in both the EAR and Eclipse plugins. Do you both happen to
use Windows? As the failures occur on my OS/X box and my Linux VM
(running Parallels). So I think you have some problems to track down
before the release can happen.

http://people.apache.org/~jvanzyl/eclipse-plugin-surefire-reports-
redhat.tgz

http://people.apache.org/~jvanzyl/ear-plugin-surefire-reports-redhat.zip

Thanks,

Jason.

Re: Eclipse and EAR plugins

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.
I will reboot on Fedora and see what's going on.

Cheers,
Stéphane

Re: Eclipse and EAR plugins

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.
On 12/27/06, Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org> wrote:
> If you're sure they work I can do the release. Looks like the EAR
> plugin is ready now too.

It is. I have tested on both windows/linux. I don't have macOSx (yet ;-)) )

> We need to seriously all the testing stuff.
> This is where having 5 different frameworks and utilities is very bad.

Indeed. It would really help if everybody knew what tools are
available and how to use them.

Stéphane

Re: Eclipse and EAR plugins

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On 27 Dec 06, at 4:22 AM 27 Dec 06, Fabrizio Giustina wrote:

> Hi Jason,
> from what I can see in the log the only error for the eclipse plugin
> is the same we saw before:
> "Component descriptor cannot be found in the component repository:
> org.apache.maven.plugin.Mojoorg.apache.maven.plugins:maven-eclipse-
> plugin:test:eclipse."
>
> Another thing I see in the log is that an old version of the eclipse
> plugin is downloaded for some of the tests. I guess this is the reason
> why you get that failure: the only test which is failing is the one
> where the plugin gets downloaded and you find in the log "Reloading
> plugin container for: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-eclipse-plugin.
> The plugin artifact has changed", other tests work properly.

This doesn't work from a completely clean checkout and you get
unreliable results. That's bad.

> Everything works fine for me on windows, and anyway this is surely a
> problem with the test framework and not the plugin itself. Given that
> we already know that tests needs to be refactored and cleaned up, I
> would prefer to go on with this release as is before starting such
> refactoring (could be a long task, I don't want to delay the release
> again).

Fair enough, if it blows up I'll just send everyone your way :-)

> So, WDYT about ignoring/disabling failing tests and push this one out
> before reworking the test framework? Since this appears to be a
> difficult release on your environment I could take care of releasing
> it directly, as said tests work fine here...

If you're sure they work I can do the release. Looks like the EAR
plugin is ready now too. We need to seriously all the testing stuff.

Re: Eclipse and EAR plugins

Posted by Fabrizio Giustina <fg...@apache.org>.
Hi Jason,

Re: Eclipse and EAR plugins

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.
I have reproduced the EAR test issue on fedora. I am working on it.