Posted to npanday-dev@incubator.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2012/05/22 07:12:50 UTC

moving npanday.org to the ASF

Hi,

I have a long overdue note to transfer the domain name from its current location to the ASF.

The current uses are:
- repo.npanday.org points to repo.maestrodev.com, which houses the artifacts to build NPanday <= 1.4 with Maven as a convenience (without having to construct your own repository), as well as the releases prior to entering the ASF. Pretty similar to how repo.maven.apache.org is handled.
- www.npanday.org, which is redirected to http://incubator.apache.org/npanday

I don't propose we change either of those at the moment. Hopefully with the changes Lars has done on trunk the 1.5.0 release will not require the repository to build any more, and we can have a separate discussion on how we might make it easier for users to obtain other artifacts (again, his work on NuGet integration will help here).

Any concerns with this plan?

Cheers,
Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org

Re: moving npanday.org to the ASF

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Assuming that you are talking about transferring ownership of the domain
name, it sounds like a good plan.

On 2012-05-22 09:12, Brett Porter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a long overdue note to transfer the domain name from its current location to the ASF.
>
> The current uses are:
> - repo.npanday.org points to repo.maestrodev.com, which houses the artifacts to build NPanday <= 1.4 with Maven as a convenience (without having to construct your own repository), as well as the releases prior to entering the ASF. Pretty similar to how repo.maven.apache.org is handled.
> - www.npanday.org, which is redirected to http://incubator.apache.org/npanday
>
> I don't propose we change either of those at the moment. Hopefully with the changes Lars has done on trunk the 1.5.0 release will not require the repository to build any more, and we can have a separate discussion on how we might make it easier for users to obtain other artifacts (again, his work on NuGet integration will help here).
>
> Any concerns with this plan?
>
> Cheers,
> Brett
>
> --
> Brett Porter
> brett@apache.org
> http://brettporter.wordpress.com/
> http://au.linkedin.com/in/brettporter
> http://twitter.com/brettporter

--
Dennis Lundberg

AW: moving npanday.org to the ASF

Posted by "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Posted by Lars Corneliussen <me...@lcorneliussen.de>.
Hi Brett,

sounds good to me!

When starting to offer dotnet-librarys extracted from nuget-packages, we have to think through .NET CLR versions - since one nuget-package can contain multiple libs for multiple clr-versions
Either we include the clr-version in the library version (e.g. 1.2.0-net40), or we offer multiple repositories for 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, and so on… People can then define those in the right order to configure precedence.
_
Lars

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.