Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Jeff Lanzarotta <de...@yahoo.com> on 2005/09/28 13:54:29 UTC

Taking a nightly snapshot with cron

Hello,

I'm running subversion 1.2.3 on SuSE Linus 9.3. svnserve is running
through xinetd under the user 'svn'.

Ok, what I'm trying to do is create a nightly snapshot of a repository
using a script running through cron.

The script is very simple. It looks like:

----------8<----------

#!/bin/sh
/usr/local/bin/svn update /mnt/winnt/LatestAndGreatest/"

----------8<----------

Well the problem that I have when trying to run this script is that it
requires that I enter a password for 'root'... Here is the output:

----------8<----------

suse:/media/hdc1/scripts # ./latestWindss
Retrieving the latest and greatest Win/DSS version...
/mnt/winnt/LatestAndGreatest/ 0 1024 517b 1534176 81152 81152 4096 0 0
Authentication realm: <svn://suse:3690> WinDSS Repository
Password for 'root':

----------8<----------

Since cron is running these jobs as 'root', I guess that is why
svnserve is requesting 'root's password...

Is there anyway of automating this to not ask for a password? Or, is
there a better way of doing this? All I want is a nightly snapshot of a
respository... Any ideas?

Regards,

-Jeff

Re: Taking a nightly snapshot with cron

Posted by Jeff Lanzarotta <de...@yahoo.com>.
Yikes! ;)

Posted by Mark Bohlman <mN...@tcicredit.com>.

Posted by Jeff Lanzarotta <de...@yahoo.com>.
I setup the winnt connection using Webmin. I do provide a persistent
userid and password...

Regards,

Posted by Frank Gruman <fg...@verizon.net>.