Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Colin Chalmers <co...@xs4all.nl> on 2005/11/01 22:26:24 UTC

Problems with assembly:assembly

Hi ,

I'm trying to use the assembly plugin on M2 to build one jar including
the classes from the three sub-projects/modules.

However it doesn't seem to be traversing the modules to pick up the
classes, the jar is as good as empty.
If I omit the <directory>target/classes</directory> element it seems to
aggregate all the modules and layout including jars into one big jar.
All I want is to aggregate the classes tp produce one jar file distribution

What am I missing?

I'm trying to follow the info on the site + a link I got from Jason
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-assemblies.html
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/maven/components/trunk/maven-embedder/src/main/assembly/dep.xml?rev=306535

/Colin

Re: Problems with assembly:assembly

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
I think currently it aggregates dependencies, not modules. I believe
there is already a feature request in JIRA.

- Brett