Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org> on 2001/08/11 11:29:28 UTC

s/LF/CRLF/ (was Re: 2.0.23 tarballs up)

On Fri, 10 Aug 2001, Cliff Woolley wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Aug 2001 TOKILEY@aol.com wrote:
>
> > > Compiles and runs on Win32.
> >
> > How did you do it?
> >
> > I dowloaded 2.0.23 tarball from
> > http://dev.apache.org/dist/httpd-2_0_23-alpha.tar.gz
> > unpacked it, clicked on Apache.dsw ICON
> > in the resulting httpd-2_0_23 folder.
>
> The tarballs I uploaded have Unix line endings.  Bill Rowe usually comes
> behind within a day or so and uploads a tarball with DOS CRLF line
> endings.  He's on vacation right now, though, I think, so somebody else
> will have to do it...  Any volunteers?
>
> In the meanwhile, there's pretty much no way in hell you're going to get
> MSVC to grok .dsw and .dsp files that have no carriage returns.  Sorry.

what's wrong with doing:
find . -type f -exec perl -pi -e 's|\n|\cM\n|' {} \;

This adds CR before LF.

adjust the find rules to find only specific files if needed. e.g:
find . -type f -name '*.ds[wp]' -exec perl -pi -e 's|\n|\cM\n|' {} \;

now you can put it into Makefile and have 'make win_dist' or similar rule:

cp -r httpd-2.0 foo
find foo -type f -exec perl -pi -e 's|\n|\cM\n|' {} \;
tar czf foo.tar.gz foo
rm -r foo

or something similar.

mailto:stas@stason.org   http://apachetoday.com http://eXtropia.com/