Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com> on 2007/09/26 13:04:08 UTC

Re: LWN: What every programmer should know about memory

On 26 September 2007 at 17:17, "Yuri Dolgov" <do...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Ivan, very good paper.
> For everyone who is too lazy to register you can use the following link
> (in google cache):
> http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:MyqrDfK19FYJ:lwn.net/SubscriberLink/25096
> 7/c21a2a4bd99e2a7d/hl=ru&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=ru&client=firefox-a
> It works fine for me.

It seems like you've made an honest mistake, but lwn.net
subscription/registration is not free[0].  So not registering isn't a
matter of laziness but one of stealing access to content that is not
(yet) free.

lwn.net has subscriptions to pay staff to produce a high quality web
site.  I think the content is worth paying for so I have a subscription.
If you don't think it is worth paying for wait for the content to become
available free-of-charge (in a week usually), but please don't abuse[1]
the subscriber link facility.

Regards,
 Mark.

[0] That said I don't approve of circumventing any web site registration
    process even if it was free.

[1] Posting links to subscriberlink urls on public (google indexable)
    web sites is abuse IMNSHO.  I hope lwn.net use the cookie in the
    url to find out who abused this very useful facility.

Posted by Yuri Dolgov <do...@gmail.com>.
Hello Mark,

Thanks for detailed explanation. That's my mistake, I've missed that
subscription is not free, and just used an easiest way to read the
paper.

I wonder if you know if it is possible to remove these emails from
the public archive of the mail list?

Thanks,
Yuri