Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Garner, Shawn" <sh...@pearson.com> on 2005/12/20 18:45:31 UTC

[struts->shale jsf]

In struts we have an struts config   struts-app06.xml and a struts-app07.xml
file as well as a struts-config.xml

It would have non year specific stuff in the struts-config.xml base
directory but then the would redirect to the app06 or app07 modules for year
specific stuff and the JSP pages would be in a directory like
app/state/appnameyear.

Is this type of configuration possible in JSF/Shale?

Shawn

If you were not an intended recipient,

Re: [struts->shale jsf]

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.
On 12/20/05, Garner, Shawn <sh...@pearson.com> wrote:

> In struts we have an struts config   struts-app06.xml and a
> struts-app07.xml
> file as well as a struts-config.xml
>
> It would have non year specific stuff in the struts-config.xml base
> directory but then the would redirect to the app06 or app07 modules for
> year
> specific stuff and the JSP pages would be in a directory like
> app/state/appnameyear.
>
> Is this type of configuration possible in JSF/Shale?

Yes, it is possible to have more than one faces-config.xml file in the same
way you can have more than one struts-config.xml file.  Specify a
comma-delimited list of context-relative paths (such as /WEB-INF/faces-
app06.xml) for the context init parameter "javax.faces.CONFIG_FILES".

As with Struts, the JSP pages for a JSF app can certainly be in
subdirectories ... just include the subdirectory names in your navigation
rules for the <from-view-id> and/or <to-view-id> elements.

Shawn

Craig