Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by ryan <ry...@sourcelabs.com> on 2008/02/12 23:04:46 UTC

hot-deploy vs applications

Is there a checklist of what to look out for when moving an app from dev
mode in hot-deploy to ${ofbiz}/applications/ ?

regards,
-Ryan

Re: hot-deploy vs applications

Posted by Saurabh Nayak <sn...@gmail.com>.
*Hello All,
Help me on this issue.
Provide any easy to use tool to merge contents from two Contacts in system.
Compare values of respective attributes from two contacts. If respective
fields have same values in two contacts then do a simple automatic merge.
For the fields that differ in values, Show data of two contacts in Tabular
two section form. First contact is shown in Editable fields and second one
places in location such that its easy to compare. Use should be able to move
values from Second contact to first in a single click.*

Please suggest me on this issue. what exactly have to do?
What i understood is that If the contents are same then merge them and show.

If the contents are differnet then show them and move them by just 1 click.
 Am i rght?
what is the meaning of last line of the paragraph?
    *Description*
   Provide any easy to use tool to merge contents from two Contacts in
system. Compare values of respective attributes from two contacts. If
respective fields have same values in two contacts then do a simple
automatic merge. For the fields that differ in values, Show data of two
contacts in Tabular two section form. First contact is shown in Editable
fields and second one places in location such that its easy to compare. Use
should be able to move values from Second contact to first in a single
click.

Show ยป <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-1650>
  I also have to create a toll fort that, but what kind of name i should
give to the tool? Could be MergeContents?

Thanks & Regards
*Saurabh Nayak*

Re: hot-deploy vs applications

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.
The hot deploy folder is intended to be used for custom applications.

The special purpose folder is for task-specific applications that are
built upon the existing code base and are part of the trunk. A custom
application could be placed here if the intention is to contribute it
back to the trunk.

-Adrian

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "Yin T" <bu...@hotmail.com>
> Thanks for the description. If I were to develop a custom application based
> on ofbiz for a customer, what would be the criteria to decide on placing it
> into the 'special purpose' subdir or the 'hot deploy' subdir.
> Thanks

If you are writing something totaly brand new, then go for specialpurpose. I you can reuse some parts then go for hot-deploy,
duplicate directories structures of modules you want to enhance/adapt and write only the code parts you want to change, or add new
code in this directories structure.

HTH

Jacques

Posted by Yin T <bu...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Posted by Yin T <bu...@hotmail.com>.
Does this imply that the code in the ofb 'application' subdir is part of the
framework and the 'hot-deploy' subdir is for custom user applications that
use ofb as a framework?
Thanks

Posted by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>.