Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Memas kal <me...@gmail.com> on 2021/01/12 08:12:03 UTC

SMPP route creation errors and Camel startup

Hello,

In my scenario, I have a consumer that produces to a set of SMSC
connections using
the SMPP Apache Camel component and the load balance pattern.

The multiple SMSC connections are used for load balancing and failover when
an SMSC
cluster is down. The problem is that when a connection is down the camel
connector will retry to reset the
connection, which works as expected, whereas when the application is
restarted and the route cannot be created, due to a connection refused
error, the whole application crashes.

So how I can assure that the application will start even when a connection
is down since that might be a common issue ?
Can I set the load-balanced endpoints to be optional whereas a queue
consumer to be mandatory, for the application start-up ?

Best regards,
Memas

Re: SMPP route creation errors and Camel startup

Posted by Memas kal <me...@gmail.com>.
Hello again,

update I saw on the documentation the *lazyStartProducer* flag, but the
question remains for the MO's (consumers) as well.

BR,
Memas

Στις Τρί, 12 Ιαν 2021 στις 10:12 π.μ., ο/η Memas kal <me...@gmail.com>
έγραψε:

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

You can use supervised route controller that can use a retry mechanism
to restart consumer routes that fail to startup

--
Claus Ibsen