Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sven Kuenzler <sv...@imost.de> on 2002/09/30 17:55:30 UTC

Tomcat vs. Internet Explorer

Hi,

I have Tomcat serving a regular M$ Word file (same goes for PDF files as
well)

https://server/path/letter.doc

When accessing this URL I constantly get 200 messages in the server log.
This is how it should be.

On the client side, behaviour differs between user agents.

Mozilla downloads the file and saves or opens it at my choice.

MSIE (5 and 6) asks what to do with the file and then complains about
the file not being acccessible. This happens no matter whether I click a
link, say "save as..." or enter the URL directly.

Has anybody made similar experience? What can I do about it?

	Sven

P.S. And no, our client won't consider deploying a proper user agent :-(