Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Murali Reddy <Mu...@citrix.com> on 2014/04/01 10:45:25 UTC

Re: Does OVS network provider support VPC ? (Cloudstack 4.3.0)

There is explicit check added only to let providers that are marked as VPC providers in the network offering for VPC. In 4.2 and 4.3 its hard coded as below preventing Ovs to be used in VPC. Can you please a file bug for 4.3.1? We just have to add Ovs in here.

supportedProviders = Arrays.asList(Provider.VPCVirtualRouter, Provider.NiciraNvp, Provider.InternalLbVm, Provider.Netscaler) in VPC manager

From: Florin Dumitrascu <fl...@intunenetworks.com>>
Date: Thursday, 27 March 2014 5:52 PM
To: "dev@cloudstack.apache.org<ma...@cloudstack.apache.org>" <de...@cloudstack.apache.org>>
Cc: Jessica Wang <Je...@citrix.com>>, Murali Reddy <mu...@citrix.com>>, "Nguyen Anh Tu (tuna@apache.org<ma...@apache.org>)" <tu...@apache.org>>, Alena Prokharchyk <Al...@citrix.com>>
Subject: Does OVS network provider support VPC ? (Cloudstack 4.3.0)

Hi,

When creating the OVS network service offering and selecting VPC box, I am not able to select Ovs from the Virtual Networking Provider drop box, everything in there is greyed out.
See below screenshot:

http://imgur.com/ciJxZYs

I did some testing on CS 4.1.1 with VPC enabled on a GRE isolated network and it seemed to work. Why is this disabled in 4.3.0 ?

Thanks,
Florin

IMPORTANT NOTE: The information in this e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential. The contents may not be disclosed or used by anyone other than the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately or telephone: +353 (0)1 6204700. We cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this message as it has been transmitted over a public network. If you suspect that the message may have been intercepted or amended, please call the sender.

RE: Does OVS network provider support VPC ? (Cloudstack 4.3.0)

Posted by Florin Dumitrascu <fl...@intunenetworks.com>.
Hi Murali,

Looks like I cannot assign a bug, so here is the link.
I have created  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-6319

Cheers,
Florin

> Thanks Murali, I will raise a bug and assign it to you if that's fine.

Sure.

Posted by murali reddy <mu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Florin Dumitrascu <fl...@intunenetworks.com>.