Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net> on 2023/06/22 14:04:54 UTC

Re: RHEL 8.6 ==> Tomcat Native 1.2.32 ==> OpenSSLEngine could not initialize

Hello,

On 6/22/23 07:47, S Abirami wrote:
> Hi  All,
>
> Our application using embedded tomcat 9.0.62 on RHEL linux environment.
> Tomcat native version :1.2.32
>
> openssl version OpenSSL 1.1.1k
>
> After upgrading from RHEL 7.9 to RHEL 8.6 version,  embedded tomcat throws an exception when starting the application for https.
>
> org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase handleSubClassException
> - Failed to start component [cmg.protocols.http.HTTPConnector]
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.apache.tomcat.util.net.openssl.OpenSSLEngine
>          at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.openssl.OpenSSLUtil.getImplementedProtocols(OpenSSLUtil.java:54)
>

> Http is working fine without issue. Please help use here to find the solution for this problem.

Is there more to the stack trace? For example, "Caused by..." maybe
multiple times?

-chris

RE: RHEL 8.6 ==> Tomcat Native 1.2.32 ==> OpenSSLEngine could not initialize

Posted by S Abirami <s....@ericsson.com.INVALID>.
Hi Christopher,

Thanks for the reply.
We found the solution for the problem.
Tomcat Native, we used the same '*.so' compiled in RHEL 7.9.
Once compiled with RHEL 8.6 it worked.

Regards,
Abirami.S