Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by "comprehensivehomeinspections@hotmail.com" <co...@hotmail.com> on 2017/08/09 17:56:11 UTC

Problems Opening Open Office Program

We use Open Office for our business, & we recently bought a new device (Nextbook Flexx10 with Windows 8.1) and downloaded the latest version of Open Office. It was working fine at first then it started kicking us off the program saying "A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution becomes available". It will let us open a blank document but not one of our documents that we were currently working on. Also the keyboard will momentarily freeze at the same time. We're in the middle of an important business report & need to get it working again asap. What should we do? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We've never had any issues with Open Office in the past.

Comprehensive Home Inspections

Your peace of mind is our priority!

Re: Problems Opening Open Office Program

Posted by zahra a <na...@gmail.com>.
hi.
did you try uninstalling and reinstalling program?
whats your idea about libreoffice?
for me, this problems occur and i should open my files again.
sometimes after crashing these programs, i should recover my files and
open them.
i recommend to activate create backup copy of your files and Save
AutoRecovery information every: in options load-save general!

On 8/9/17, comprehensivehomeinspections@hotmail.com
<co...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> We use Open Office for our business, & we recently bought a new device
> (Nextbook Flexx10 with Windows 8.1) and downloaded the latest version of
> Open Office. It was working fine at first then it started kicking us off the
> program saying "A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly.
> Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution becomes
> available". It will let us open a blank document but not one of our
> documents that we were currently working on. Also the keyboard will
> momentarily freeze at the same time. We're in the middle of an important
> business report & need to get it working again asap. What should we do? Any
> suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We've never had any issues with
> Open Office in the past.
>
> Comprehensive Home Inspections
>
> Your peace of mind is our priority!

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.