Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2006/03/19 20:37:02 UTC

[HttpComponents] Migration to Jira (once again)

Folks,

While reviewing the Bugzilla to Jira migration procedure [1] I learned
that Jira had been designed to require one JIRA project for every
versioned product, which was a bit of a surprise to me. If we just
migrated HttpClient from Bugzilla to Jira we would end up with one
versioned project and would not be able to have different release
versions and target milestones for different project modules. This is
probably not what we want.

It looks like we have got to have a separate Jira project per module
with a different release cycle:

HttpComponents HttpCore (4.x)
HttpComponents HttpAsync (x.x)
HttpComponents HttpNIO(x.x)
Commons HttpClient (3.x)
and so on

Taking all this into account I believe we might be better off at this
point setting up a brand new Jira projects for [HttpCore], [HttpNIO] and
[HttpAsync], getting some first hand experience with Jira, and
considering migrating HttpClient from Bugzilla at some point in the
future provided we are reasonably satisfied with Jira.

I will manually migrate [HttpCore] related issue reports from Bugzilla
to Jira. There are probably no more than 5 or 6 of those in total

What do you think?

Oleg

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/general/ApacheBugzillaToJiraMigration

Re: [HttpComponents] Migration to Jira (once again)

Posted by Ortwin Glück <od...@odi.ch>.

Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
> Taking all this into account I believe we might be better off at this
> point setting up a brand new Jira projects for [HttpCore], [HttpNIO] and
> [HttpAsync], getting some first hand experience with Jira, and
> considering migrating HttpClient from Bugzilla at some point in the
> future provided we are reasonably satisfied with Jira.
>
> I will manually migrate [HttpCore] related issue reports from Bugzilla
> to Jira. There are probably no more than 5 or 6 of those in total
>
> What do you think?

Oops that's true. I think your proposal is the way to go, Oleg.

Odi

Re: [HttpComponents] Migration to Jira (once again)

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
Request filed:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-763

Oleg

Posted by Michael Becke <mb...@gmail.com>.
Good catch.  Sounds like the right approach to me.  No point migrating
HttpClient if we're not really working on 4.0 for it yet anyway.

Mike