Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Eymeric Guyot <ey...@itiviti.com> on 2019/01/24 14:20:44 UTC

Producer RecordMetadata offset

Hello,

In my application when I send hundreds of thousands of messages I use the
Metadata in the callback to save the offset of the record for future usage.
However sometimes in something like 1% of the cases the metadata.offset()
returns -1 which makes things hard for me later as I can't find them. Why
does this happen and is there a way to get the offset without consuming the
topic to find it.

Thank you.

--

Visit: itiviti.com <https://www.itiviti.com/>
Read the latest news from

*The information contained in
or attached to this email is strictly confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient, please notify us immediately by telephone and return
the message to us.*

*
*

*Email communications by definition contain
personal information. The Itiviti group of companies is subject to European
data protection regulations. Itiviti’s Privacy Notice is available at
www.itiviti.com <http://www.itiviti.com>. Itiviti expects the recipient of
this email to be compliant with Itiviti’s Privacy Notice and applicable
regulations. Please advise us immediately at dataprotectionteam@Itiviti.com
if you are not compliant with these.*