Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Patrick Dean Rusk <Pa...@attbi.com> on 2002/11/04 21:30:31 UTC

Current status of re-design

	I've been following this list for a few weeks now, but I'm still unclear as
to the current status of the re-design efforts.  The FOP Web site's "status"
page hasn't been updated since June, apparently, when the estimate of being
35% done was issued.

	Anyone want to take a stab at saying where things stand now.  Is NewFOP
able to generate any PDF files?  Is there a set of formatting objects and
properties that are known to work/sort of work/not work?

	Thank you.

Patrick Rusk

P.S.  Last night I was up at 3:30 AM EST (US) when FOP emails started flying
back and forth.  I thought, "Wow! These guys are really commiteed to all be
working this late."  Until I realized most of you are from Europe or
Australia.

Re: Current status of re-design

Posted by Keiron Liddle <ke...@aftexsw.com>.
On Mon, 2002-11-04 at 21:30, Patrick Dean Rusk wrote:
> 	I've been following this list for a few weeks now, but I'm still unclear as
> to the current status of the re-design efforts.  The FOP Web site's "status"
> page hasn't been updated since June, apparently, when the estimate of being
> 35% done was issued.

It's difficult to estimate but it might be around 50% at the moment.

> 	Anyone want to take a stab at saying where things stand now.  Is NewFOP
> able to generate any PDF files?  Is there a set of formatting objects and
> properties that are known to work/sort of work/not work?

How about the site being updated with forrest using cvs FOP to create
the PDF files. Then you can see what it does.

Don't really have a list of things yet, but the idea is to have examples
that are generated and you can see if it works or not.