Posted to user@beam.apache.org by Phani Geeth <bv...@gmail.com> on 2023/07/13 17:17:49 UTC

Count Incoming Unbounded records using Apache Beam java

Hi,

I am trying to count the incoming messages from PubSub using beam pipeline
java sdk.

    class Display extends DoFn<Long,String>

    {

    @ProcessElement

    public void process(ProcessContext c)

    {

    System.out.println(c.element());

    }

    }

    public class CustomMetrics

    {

    public static void main(String args[])

    {

    PipelineOptions options = PipelineFactory.create();

    Pipleine pipeline= Pipeline.create(options);

    pipeline.apply(PubsubIO.readStrings().fromSubscription("PubSub Subscription"))

    .apply(Window.<String>into(FixedWindows.of(Duration.standardMinutes(5))).triggering(DefaultTrigger.of()))

    .apply(Combine.globally(Count.<String>combineFn()).withoutDefaults())

    .apply(ParDo.of(new Display()));

    pipeline.run().waitUntilFinish();

    }

    }

Able to count the incoming records but the number is not displayed immediatley
its populated randomly after some time.

Is there any other way to count the incoming unbounded records using Apache
Beam pipeline.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/76681800/count-incoming-unbouned-messages-
from-pubsub-using-apache-beam-java

Thanks,

Phani Geeth

Sent from [Mail](https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986) for Windows

Re: Count Incoming Unbounded records using Apache Beam java

Posted by Jan Lukavský <je...@seznam.cz>.
Hi,
thanks for your interest in Apache Beam. I answered your question, see [1]

Best,
  Jan

[1]
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/76681800/count-incoming-unbouned-messages-from-pubsub-using-apache-beam-java/76685799#76685799