Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by Fa...@Lawson.com on 2004/09/28 18:07:46 UTC

problems marshalling xml schema with any element

All,

I have a schema which has the any tag in it as follows:

<xsd:complexType name="BodyType">
    <xsd:sequence>
      <xsd:any namespace="##any" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
    </xsd:sequence>
  </xsd:complexType>

However when I try to marshall an xml document from this schema I am
unable to add the body element to the document.

For example, I am trying to create a doc which looks like:

<example>
    <testing>
        <name>Mee</name>
        <password>pass</password>
    </testing>
        <command>
           ----some command elements
         </command>
<example>

Because the body has a schema definition as above there are no get or set
methods for adding command to body.  Can anybody advise how I would go
about adding command to the body tag.   If I use the XMLCursor then do I
have to create the remainder of the document using the XMLCursor methods
i.e insertElement etc...?

Is there anyway that I can create the first element body using XMLCursor
like:
XmlCursor cur = body.newCursor();
cur.beginElement("command");
and then add the command into the cursor although the cursor has no method
to do this or i could not see an appropriate one

Thanks for your help