Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Carsten Burstedde <c...@burstedde.de> on 2002/08/05 21:49:13 UTC

Catalina errors

Hi,

some people seem to have problems connecting to my Web application. I
can't reproduce the errors myself though. I've looked into the list
archives, but didn't find the right answer.

I have got SuSE Linux 8.0 (kernel 2.4.18), Apache 1.3.23 (latest patch
from SuSE), Sun's j2sdk1.4.0_01, Tomcat 4.0.4 (rpm install), Velocity
1.2, and mod_jk.so downloaded from the Tomcat 3.x pages as statet in the
docs.

Most of the time, everything seems to work ok, but I am getting about 20
messages per day (out of 3000 pages per day) in catalina_log of the form:

2002-08-05 13:03:23 Ajp13Processor[8009][2] process: invoke
java.net.SocketException: Socket closed
         at
java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:92)
         at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:126)
         at org.apache.ajp.Ajp13.send(Ajp13.java:525)
         at org.apache.ajp.RequestHandler.finish(RequestHandler.java:495)
         at org.apache.ajp.Ajp13.finish(Ajp13.java:395)
         at
org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Response.finishResponse(Ajp13Response.java:196)
         at
org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Processor.process(Ajp13Processor.java:464)

People call in from time to time and report problems in the SSL area of
the web application. My httpd.conf section (part of the ssl virtual
host) reads:

   SSLEngine             on
   SSLCertificateKeyFile *** :)
   SSLCertificateFile    *** :)
   SSLOptions            +ExportCertData +CompatEnvVars +StdEnvVars
   SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
           nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
           downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
   JkMount               /index.html     ajp13
   JkMount               /admin.html     ajp13
   JkExtractSSL          on
   JkSESSIONIndicator    sslsessionid

Am I having some internal JDK problems here? Or is mod_jk.so buggy
(replacement?)? I don't really know where to start... Are there more
workarounds for buggy browsers I should integrate somewhere?

Thanks for help,

Carsten