Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Patrick Casey <pa...@adelphia.net> on 2005/08/26 20:57:33 UTC

One more HTML Area Question

            Sorry for all the questions, but this ended up being my "get the
HTML component working" day so I'm trying to bang through it all at once.

            The issue I'm having now is that I've defined an htmlarea thus
on my .page file:

<component id="patArea" type="htmlarea:HtmlArea">

        <binding name="value" expression="object.instructions" />

        <binding name="tableOperations" expression="false" />

        <binding name="rows" expression="16" />

        <binding name="cols" expression="120" />

    </component>

            And linked it thus on my .html file:

            <textarea jwcid="patArea" />

            The thing is, I'm always getting out an 8 X 80 HTML Area with
the table operations toolbars in place. If I'm understanding the component
properly, shouldn't I be getting a 16 X 120 area with no table toolbar?

            Could somebody give me a nudge as to what the right syntax is?

            --- Pat

            PS The output:

<textarea name="theArea" cols="80" rows="8" id="theArea">These are the
Survey &lt;b&gt;Instructions&lt;/b&gt;!</textarea>

            The initialization block as output:

initializeEditor('theArea',false,true,true,true);

Re: One more HTML Area Question

Posted by Joseph Hannon <ja...@gmail.com>.
It's been awhile on htmlarea. My interest was more around the CSS issue in
general HTML where IE was barfing. I will look at what you did in the new
htmlarea for some clues I think.

Thanks,
Joseph

Posted by Robert Zeigler <ro...@scazdl.org>.