Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by ut...@sina.com on 2011/12/18 16:58:07 UTC

consulting nutch and hadoop

hi ,
   I am a beginner of hadoop, I have some questions about Nutch and hadoop:
   Why Nutch only uses hadoop in crawler and building index, but does not use hadoop in distributed search?
   Is it because the lucene index not suitable for hadoop?
   In google , Does the map/reduce use in distributed search?

Re: consulting nutch and hadoop

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.

On Sunday 18 December 2011 16:58:07 utfl2004@sina.com wrote:
> hi ,
>    I am a beginner of hadoop, I have some questions about Nutch and hadoop:
>    Why Nutch only uses hadoop in crawler and building index, but does not
> use hadoop in distributed search? Is it because the lucene index not
> suitable for hadoop?

Nutch does not provide a search engine, only a distributed web crawling
platform.

>    In google , Does the map/reduce use in distributed search?

I'm not sure.