Posted to dev@nuttx.apache.org by Embedded Systems <iv...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/21 15:52:51 UTC

Format MMC

Hello,

I have a custom board with imxrt1050 and eMMC memory on it. The
communication between the imxrt1050 and the eMMC is working perfectly but
my problem is that the eMMC comes not formatted. So i would like to ask is
it possible to Format a eMMC/SDcard in FAT32 file system from nuttx command
line?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Ivan Ucherdzhiev

Re: Format MMC

Posted by Gregory Nutt <sp...@gmail.com>.
> I am using 4 GB eMMC at the moment , and so far it is working perfectly.
> Nuttx is recognizing the eMMC it is able to format it in FAT and now i am
> able to mount it , read and write in it, so so far i have no problems at
> all with the eMMC. THe only thing is that i use 1 wire setup so , I am not
> using the full speed which eMMC can offer but for my case that is okay.
> Later on i am planning to add also the Fast modes and 4 wire and 8 wire
> support.

I believe you will need some modifications to the MMC/SD  driver when
you need the fast mode and wide bus support.

But I am glad to hear that it is meeting your needs as it is for now.

Greg

Re: Format MMC

Posted by Embedded Systems <iv...@gmail.com>.
Hello Mr. Gregory,

--
Kind regards,
Ivan Ucherdzhiev

Team Lead @ Barin Sports
Bulgaria
skype: ipy_44
tel: +359888927760

Re: Format MMC

Posted by Gregory Nutt <sp...@gmail.com>.

Re: Format MMC

Posted by Embedded Systems <iv...@gmail.com>.
Hello

Please excuse me i found the mkfatfs command  and everything is working
perfectly. Please excuse me for disturbing you.

Have a good day!

--
Kind regards,
Ivan Ucherdzhiev