Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Thomas Rhodes <th...@nghs.com> on 2003/01/27 18:09:18 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 1.3.27 Binary for AIX 4.3.3

I am searching for a pre-compiled binary for Apache 1.3.27
to run on AIX 4.3.3.  I have tried to compile the source
code.  I installed my build but the web server will not run.
 I did not put anything in the configure file so I suspect
that is why the web server did not run.  If someone can send
me a copy of what is needed in the configure file I will be
glad to try again.  Otherwise if someone already has the
compiled binary I would appreciate the help.

Thank you,

Thomas Rhodes
.

Re: [users@httpd] Apache 1.3.27 Binary for AIX 4.3.3

Posted by Andy Cutright <ac...@borland.com>.
hi,

what do you mean 'it doesn't run'? the default build should create a
reasonably valid configuration file. how did you try to start it?

are you sure it built properly? i build apache 2.0.x on AIX 5 regularly.
one of the issues with 2.0 has been that you need to get the correct
libtool installed before you build. i'm not sure if that's relevant to
1.3, though. take a look at:

http://www.apache.org/~trawick/apache-2-on-aix.html

cheers,
andy