Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Tomasz Dziurko <td...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/29 20:52:53 UTC

Tapestry 5 NetBeans 6 plugin - is it worth?

Recently I am looking in "Rich Client Programming - Plugging into the
NetBeans Platform" book just to gain some knowledge about what can and
what can't be done under NB. As an exercise I started developing
simple Tapestry 5 plugin for NB. Actually it lets user to choose T5 as
a framework and creates simple (not complete yet) architecture of
default project.
It's nothing difficult to develop, only simple analize of
WicketSupport example plugin and then some code modifications :) It's
cool think, but I have some doubts is it worth doing when maven
creates simple project architecture for you. On the other hand well
written and sophisticated plugin for NB could greatly improve speed of
developing Tapestry 5 applications...
What do You, members of users@tapestry.apache.org think about it? I am
asking because I have some other home projects to do: SCJP
preparations, application (in T5 of course :-) ) for students society
in my University and sometimes it's difficult to decide what project
would be most useful :)

Thank you for your opinions

Regards
--
Tomasz Dziurko

Re: Tapestry 5 NetBeans 6 plugin - is it worth?

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi, i had done https://nbtapestrysupport.dev.java.net/ for NB5.5 and
Tapestry 4.0-4.1

I too did it as an exercise... to see how NB worked. So it doesn't
really have an exciting feature.
It would just let you easily setup a tapestry project, register all
tapestry dtd, allow autocomplete
in xmls and show some help/documentation (again related to the xmls).
I never fully
did a component palette (even though it's in the screenshots)

Anyway, before deciding on features, one should take a look at
http://handyedit.com/ which is an IntelliJ Idea plugin that has got
many things right

Finally, if someone wants to go on with this and wants to do it inside
nbtapestrysupport.dev.java.net
(most NB plugins are traditionally named this way for some reason),
just msg me for write/admin access.

--
Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://blog.andyhot.gr
Tapestry / Tacos developer

Re: Tapestry 5 NetBeans 6 plugin - is it worth?

Posted by Lindsay Steele <lg...@gmail.com>.