Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by ranjid abjidinhija <ra...@outlook.com> on 2020/04/16 08:13:39 UTC

Need help with PLC4J

Hello,

this is Ranjid. I'm an certified engineer from India employed in pharma industries and i recently discovered your project.

I am working with PLCs from Siemens. I accieved to read and write IO and data blocks with PLC4J already.
Is it possible to read the software itself from the PLC, too? Could PLC software even be manipulated with the aid of PLC4J? I need to reverse engineer existing software, but do not have access to the source code.
Can you help me with this, please?

Best regards,
Ranjid

Re: Need help with PLC4J

Posted by Cesar Garcia <ce...@ceos.com.ve>.
 Hello everyone,

I definitely agree that trying to generate code for S7 is not a good idea,
especially in the industries you work with that have very specific and
standardized procedures for controller programming [1].

From a purely practical point of view you can evaluate the applications
developed by Siemens for processes called Braumat Classic. They do magic
with the programming of blocks and indexed addresses (pointer handling) [2].

If you want to investigate by way of self-learning, I leave you two links
that can help you in this topic [3] [4], there are examples of how to
extract the headers of the programming blocks.

Also in this forum [5], if I remember correctly, there is a person who
placed the nemonics (AWL) of an S7 on an excel sheet but they were
incomplete. I must have it somewhere.

May the force be with you, Ranjid.

Best regards,

1.
https://www.isa.org/standards-and-publications/isa-publications/intech-magazine/2004/november/cover-story-plc-validation-plc-on-drugs/
2.
https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/document/80142364/braumat-sistar-operator-manual?dti=0&lc=en-WW
3.https://github.com/glcj/DotNetSiemensPLCToolBoxLibrary
4. https://github.com/glcj/s7-diff-merge
5. https://www.sps-forum.de/

--
*CEOS Automatización, C.A.*
*GALPON SERVICIO INDUSTRIALES Y NAVALES FA, C.A.,*

*FRENTE A LA ASOCIACION DE GANADEROS,BARCELONA,EDO. ANZOATEGUI*
*Ing. César García*

*Cel: +58 414-760.98.95*

*Hotline Técnica SIEMENS: 0800 1005080*

*Email: support.aan.automation@siemens.com
<su...@siemens.com>*

Re: Need help with PLC4J

Re: Need help with PLC4J

Re: Need help with PLC4J

Posted by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de>.
To be fair... I would love to... but yes, ist not our scope ATM.

Julian

Am 17.04.20, 23:59 schrieb "Strljic, Matthias Milan" <ma...@isw.uni-stuttgart.de>:

    Hi Ranjid,

    welcome to our community!

    But as far as i know Siemens PLC does not allow like Beckhoff PLCs to change their programm/features over their automation protocol.

    So i think you will have no luck with that over the automation protocol.

    Because of the focus of the projekt PLC4X. I think we will also not targeting interfaces to change/manipulate the controle logic of a PLC like Chris mentioned.

    Best regards

    Matthias

AW: Need help with PLC4J