Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Bruno Duarte <du...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/12 00:24:37 UTC

Plugin dependencies updating

Hi guys,

I have a pom with this structure:
     ...<plugin>
       <groupId>group</groupId>
       <artifactId>artifact</artifactId>
       <executions>
         <execution>
           <goals>
             <goal>generate</goal>
           </goals>
         </execution>
       </executions>
       <configuration>
       </configuration>
       <dependencies>
         <dependency>
           <groupId>group</groupId>
           <artifactId>anotherArtifact</artifactId>
           <version>1.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
         <dependency>
       </dependencies>
     </plugin>...

Because this plugin has to use a file of the other module, we need to
specify a dependency for the plugin. Both plugin and dependency were
done in the project.

When we run the release build, all the SNAPSHOTs are updated except
plugin dependencies. Leading to inconsistent versions!

Is this a bug or a feature of the release?

How to you suggest to solve this issue?

Cheers,
Bruno