Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Ying Bian <yb...@me.com> on 2016/03/15 02:05:04 UTC

Question wrt ./dev/run --with-haproxy

Hi All,

This might be a silly question but I don’t figure it out.

I’m trying to follow the instructions to test couchdb 2.0 master and I had problems if I run “couchdb” after “make install” (I sent out the errors in another thread “couchdb 2.0 start error”). Now I’m testing it by running “./dev/run” under the root source directory which seems to work, except for some confusion wrt “—with-haproxy” option:

I see no difference in the command output with or without “—with-haproxy” option. I thought I would be able to connect to 5984 port as a “proxy” port for   3 nodes running on 15984, 25984 and 35984. But that is not the case. I can still only access 15984, 25984 and 35984, but not 5984, even though I passed “—with-haproxy” option to “./dev/run”.

Could someone explain it to me?

-Ying