Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de> on 2013/05/23 00:40:30 UTC

1.6.22 up for signing/testing

The 1.6.22 release artifacts are now available for testing/signing.
Please get the tarballs from
  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/subversion
and add your signatures there. I plan to try and release on May 30th
so please try and get your votes/signatures in place by May 28th EOD
(we need to wait for mirrors to sync for one day before release).
Thanks!

Please note the following known test failures (perhaps most easily
triggered with APR-1.4.6):

     log_tests.py 30: log -g should ignore cyclic merges
     Can fail because 1.6.x is missing r1293229, which fixed occasionally
     missing merged-via notifications.

     diff_tests.py 32: repos-wc diff showing added entries with props
     Can fail because this test is missing various tweaks to account
     for random output order of 'svn diff' (this is independent of the
     APR 1.4.6 hash order problem).

     ruby swig test 'test_dump'
     Can fail because 1.6.x is missing r966458, which sorted property
     listings in dump files in alphabetical order, and this test does
     not parse dump files and sort properties for comparison.

Re: 1.6.22 up for signing/testing

Posted by Ben Reser <be...@reser.org>.
On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 4:36 PM, Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de> wrote:

>> > We're always voting for 1.6 releases in that directory, and then
>> > we ship the release on trigis. Or has something changed?
>>
>> No.  But you said "wait a day for the mirrors to sync", with tigris that
>> doesn't happen.
>
> Ah, yes, that's right of course.

I can't wait for 1.8.0 to be out and we can stop with these non-Apache releases.

Re: 1.6.22 up for signing/testing

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de>.
On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 02:29:31AM +0300, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> Stefan Sperling wrote on Thu, May 23, 2013 at 01:25:24 +0200:
> > >
> > > No we don't.  1.6 are not Apache-branded releases, they are released on tigris.
> >
> > We're always voting for 1.6 releases in that directory, and then
> > we ship the release on trigis. Or has something changed?
>
> No.  But you said "wait a day for the mirrors to sync", with tigris that
> doesn't happen.

Ah, yes, that's right of course.

Re: 1.6.22 up for signing/testing

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <da...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de>.

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <da...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ben Reser <be...@reser.org>.
On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 4:10 PM, Ben Reser <be...@reser.org> wrote:
> I'm just going to reroll a 1.6.23 with the correct fixes and we'll
> just skip 1.6.22.

Done.

Re: 1.6.22 up for signing/testing

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de>.
On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 04:10:45PM -0700, Ben Reser wrote:
> I'm just going to reroll a 1.6.23 with the correct fixes and we'll
> just skip 1.6.22.

Works for me.

Re: 1.6.22 up for signing/testing

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <da...@apache.org>.
On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 04:10:45PM -0700, Ben Reser wrote:
> On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 3:48 PM, Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de> wrote:
> > On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 12:40:30AM +0200, Stefan Sperling wrote:
> >> The 1.6.22 release artifacts are now available for testing/signing.
> >
> > Please note that due to an oversight (or miscommunication between
> > me and Daniel, if you will), the tarball does not contain the contrib
> > script changes mentioned in the CHANGES file.
> >
> > We won't re-roll because of this. We can mention this in the release
> > announcement and adjust CHANGES on trunk and 1.6.x accordingly, and
> > provide links to the fixed contrib scripts on trunk.
>
> I hate saying this but I think this is going to be terribly confusing.
>  The CHANGES file in the tarball says it's fixed.  But it's not.  That
> just seems like a terribly confusing situation.  Which leaves me in
> the position of being at least -0 if not -1 on this release.
>
> I'm just going to reroll a 1.6.23 with the correct fixes and we'll
> just skip 1.6.22.

Thanks Ben!

Re: 1.6.22 up for signing/testing

Posted by Ben Reser <be...@reser.org>.