Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Tony Su <to...@su-networking.com> on 2009/06/04 08:58:19 UTC

Any amavisd-milter help out there?

Hope for some insight into what I'm looking at...

Brand new install Scalix/SuSE11.1/Amavis/Amavisd1.4/SA/ClamAV

Following "How To" published on the Scalix Wiki at
http://www.scalix.com/wiki/index.php?title=Scalix/Sendmail_%26_Amavisd-New_HOWTO

All seemed to be working except when I attempted to install the amavisd-milter initialization scripts at
http://www.scalix.com/wiki/index.php?title=Scalix/Sendmail_%26_Amavisd-New_HOWTO#Initscripts.2FSysconfig_files_for_amavisd-milter

The resulting errors complain about missing LSB tags and overrides fo 4 service components (relating to the tomcat webserver and postgres database).

Was able to locate an old forum threadwhich references an amavisd-milter config file at /etc/sysconfig but doesn't exist on my machine. I've re-run and re-inspected the output for the amavisd-milter package when running ./configure, make and make install but don't see anything that should place a file in /etc/sysconfig.

Can anyone familiar with amavisd-milter know whether such a file should be created and installed in a default unpackaging of amavisd-milter?

TIA,
Tony

Re: Any amavisd-milter help out there?

Posted by Mark Martinec <Ma...@ijs.si>.
Tony,

> Hope for some insight into what I'm looking at...
>
> Brand new install Scalix/SuSE11.1/Amavis/Amavisd1.4/SA/ClamAV
>
> Following "How To" published on the Scalix Wiki at
> http://www.scalix.com/wiki/index.php?title=Scalix/Sendmail_%26_Amavisd-New_
>HOWTO
>
> All seemed to be working except when I attempted to install the
> amavisd-milter initialization scripts at
> http://www.scalix.com/wiki/index.php?title=Scalix/Sendmail_%26_Amavisd-New_
>HOWTO#Initscripts.2FSysconfig_files_for_amavisd-milter
>
> The resulting errors complain about missing LSB tags and overrides fo 4
> service components (relating to the tomcat webserver and postgres
> database).
>
> Was able to locate an old forum threadwhich references an amavisd-milter
> config file at /etc/sysconfig but doesn't exist on my machine. I've re-run
> and re-inspected the output for the amavisd-milter package when running
> ./configure, make and make install but don't see anything that should place
> a file in /etc/sysconfig.
>
> Can anyone familiar with amavisd-milter know whether such a file should be
> created and installed in a default unpackaging of amavisd-milter?

For help on Petr Rehor's amavisd-milter the best place to ask questions
is on the amavisd-milter-users mailing list:

although the /etc/sysconfig seems to be specific to your OS,
not to amavisd-milter.

  Mark