Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Michael <ne...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/17 01:05:00 UTC

Read Only Permissions for a database

I think this is a really stupid question, but I really can't figure it out.

I have a database, which I want to be readable by everyone,
but changeable by only admin. I look at the security of the database in
futon and see admins and readers. Now I put someone into the readers or
leave it blank and that person can still update and create documents.

How do I create a database and make it read-only for the public? Ideally I
would like what is the currently behavior for 'readers' for my applications
and then only I have admin rights. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance,

Michael

Re: Read Only Permissions for a database

Posted by Tyler Gillies <ty...@pdxbrain.com>.
also cloudant has some user-friendly db access control

--
http://www.readwriteweb.com/about#tyler

Ask me anything <http://tumble.pdxbrain.com/ask>!

Re: Read Only Permissions for a database

Posted by Zachary Zolton <za...@gmail.com>.