Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by LogSplitter <lo...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/04 07:03:27 UTC

Re: Question about CalciteSchema in 1.12

Hi,

I have been trying to get planner to work and it is really close but I
seem to get into issues due to one special requirement I have where I
have to remove a system column on 'select *' statements.

Background,  we used to remove the special columns by processing
through  the SqlNodeLIst of the validated query and rebuild the select
list (setSelectList()) with the system column I wanted removed.  This
approach doesn't seem to work in the planner world as I believe I need
to do a validate after the selectList is modified but the planner model
doesn't like it when you don't do all steps exactly as it expected
(these types of errors Exception occurred: cannot move to STATE_3_PARSED
from STATE_4_VALIDATED)

I asked in a different thread how to handle the system columns and was
told to try making my own SqlToRelConverter.getSystemFields() but I
could not see how I could plug my own SqlToRelConverter into the planner
model.

So currently I am scratching my head stuck on an old version of calcite
wonder which direction I should head.  Ideally I would like to use the
Planner model but need a little pointer of how I get a custom
SqlToRelConverter.getSystemFields() hooked up.

thanks

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
Glad you noticed CALCITE-1849. (Nice coincidence that Gian ran into the same problem!) I am reviewing and it will be in shortly.

Posted by LogSplitter <lo...@gmail.com>.
Julian,

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.