Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Roland Rabben <ro...@no.scala.com> on 2006/03/21 18:43:06 UTC

WebDAV Servlet performance problems

I am using Tomcat 5.5.12 on Windows XP. In my application I am
experiencing performance problems for WebDAV uploads. It seems like I
get a dramatic decrease in transfer speed if I try to upload several
large files simultaneous.

If I upload one file I get normal or expected upload speed. But if try
uploading 8 files (>200MB each) I get around 100Kbps transfer speed for
each transfer session.

Are there any performance tuning I can do, or maybe settings that can
help me optimize upload speeds?

BTW my tests are done on a 100Mbit LAN, and WebDAV seem to be able to
handle large numbers of small files (<10MB).

Roland