Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/10 11:30:19 UTC

WEBINARS

Hi All,

I am planning to do a series of webinars on how to use the various back end
applications, starting of with Manufacturing.

But I am eager to learn what you would like to be handled in this series,
so please send some feedback and we will see what an how this can be
scheduled.

Regards,
Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
Services & Solutions for Cloud-
Based Manufacturing, Professional
Services and Retail & Trade
http://www.orrtiz.com

Re: WEBINARS

Posted by Adrian Stern <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi. As i don't have enough experience with ofbiz myself, i would much
appreciate some webinars explaining the ussage of the default ofbiz
applications. For me the priorities would look something like this:

1. Invoice mgmt
2. Employee mgmt
3. Product / Price mgmt
4. Customizing exports?

I look forward to your first video.

Re: WEBINARS

Posted by Todd Thorner <tt...@infotinuum.com>.

Re: WEBINARS

Posted by Lei Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, totally understand. Plz help broadcast once the webinars are ready to
show. Thanks.

Re: WEBINARS

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Todd,

Re: WEBINARS

Posted by Todd Thorner <tt...@infotinuum.com>.

Re: WEBINARS

Re: WEBINARS

Posted by Lei Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
Pierre,

How is it going with the webinars ? Really looking forward to it ? Is there
a schedule/agenda on these webinars ?  Eager to learn .

Re: WEBINARS

Posted by Lei <wu...@gmail.com>.
Pierre,

Re: WEBINARS

Posted by Ted Byers <r....@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 5:30 AM, Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am planning to do a series of webinars on how to use the various back end
> applications, starting of with Manufacturing.
>
> But I am eager to learn what you would like to be handled in this series,
> so please send some feedback and we will see what an how this can be
> scheduled.
>
> Regards,
> Pierre Smits
>
> *ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
> Services & Solutions for Cloud-
> Based Manufacturing, Professional
> Services and Retail & Trade
> http://www.orrtiz.com

Outstanding.  What I would suggest, though, is, at the broad scale,
organize by each of the applications built into OFBiz, but within each of
these, identify and follow each of the use cases, start to finish, and then
tack on the end, each of the known supported variants.  If done in this
manner, your script, or lesson plan, can be re-purposed into a how-to web
page, for each task that any employee of any company using it may have to
do.  One might as well look at doing this sort of thing with a view toward
getting the biggest payoff possible.  When I have developed commercial
software, while I ensure the client's interests are satisfied, all the
documentation I produced was targeted toward those of the client's staff
that has to use it, writing in their language, using jargon with which
they're familiar, and writing about their interests in getting their job
done as efficiently as possible.

And, of course, in this context, one of the people that needs attention is
the sysop who has to get it all set up so that the other staff can do their
jobs (whether they're sales staff, the company's accountant, or in the
warehouse or managing an assembly line).

I wish you well in your efforts in this area.

Cheers,

Ted

Re: WEBINARS

Posted by Jad El Omeiri <ja...@robertheath.co.uk>.
Hi Pierre,

Good initiative! I guess everyone would be interested and would be
supporting you.

Pierre Smits wrote
> Hi All,
>
> I am planning to do a series of webinars on how to use the various back
> end
> applications, starting of with Manufacturing.
>
> But I am eager to learn what you would like to be handled in this series,
> so please send some feedback and we will see what an how this can be
> scheduled.
>
> Regards,
> Pierre Smits
>
> *ORRTIZ.COM &lt;http://www.orrtiz.com&gt;*
> Services & Solutions for Cloud-
> Based Manufacturing, Professional
> Services and Retail & Trade
> http://www.orrtiz.com

I think the webinars should also include development (from a developer's
point of view), and not only be about using the back end (from an admin's
point of view).

Good luck!

-----
Jad El Omeiri