Posted to user@beam.apache.org by Svetak Sundhar via user <us...@beam.apache.org> on 2023/06/09 14:02:32 UTC

[Launch Announcement] Beam Quest

Hi Beam Community,

We're excited to launch the "Getting Started with Apache Beam" Quest
<https://www.cloudskillsboost.google/quests/310>. This quest provides a
completion badge that can be shared on social media (such as Linkedin and
Twitter) upon completion of four qwiklabs.

These labs venture into various concepts of Beam in the Java and Python SDK
(that many of you have developed), and should take less than 7 hours to
obtain. I've written about it in our Beam Blog
<https://beam.apache.org/blog/beamquest/>; we are offering this free of
charge till July 8.

Please share the information with whomever you think may be interested, and
please share on social media once you obtain your badge. Additionally, if
you have any feedback on the labs, please contact me directly at
svetaksundhar@google.com-- we plan to have these labs evolve over time!

I look forward to discussing this more at Beam Summit next week.

As this was one of GCP's first OSS quests, there were many people
instrumental in making this possible.

Thanks to:
-Danielle Syse
-Ajay Hemnani
-Joellen Saunders
-Grzegorz Wierzchows
-Ahmet Altay
-XQ Hu
-Jenny Palomino
-Svetak Sundhar
-Shunping Huang

Thanks,

Svetak Sundhar

  Data Engineer
s <ne...@google.com>vetaksundhar@google.com

Re: [Launch Announcement] Beam Quest

Posted by Ahmet Altay via dev <de...@beam.apache.org>.
(dropping the user list)

Please also help us with spreading the word by sharing on your social media:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ApacheBeam/status/1666915798823084034
- Linkedin post:
https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:7072675442012377088

Posted by Svetak Sundhar via user <us...@beam.apache.org>.
Hi,

Could you elaborate on your issue here? Are you running into an error?

Could you

1) Click on the free access code here
<https://www.cloudskillsboost.google/catalog?qlcampaign=1h-swiss-19>
2) Create an account
3) Navigate to "Getting started with apache beam"
4) launch the lab with credits.

Let me know if you have any questions or run into any issues,

Posted by Svetak Sundhar via dev <de...@beam.apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Komi Marc ATSOU <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ahmet Altay via dev <de...@beam.apache.org>.
Thank you Svetak! I would encourage everyone to try out, and get the badges
:)

Posted by Ahmet Altay via user <us...@beam.apache.org>.