Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Evangelina Bowman <eb...@idalica.com> on 2008/02/06 01:12:21 UTC

Accounting Postings in POS

Hello!

When using POS, Ofbiz creates the following transactions: Sales Order,
Invoice and Payment.  The accounting postings are correctly generated for
the Invoice and Payment.  Shipments are not created, which I can understand
because you are not shipping goods to the customer. However, we still need
to post transactions to COGS (Debit) and Inventory (Credit) after the POS
sale.
I could not see these accounts being hit after I completed the POS sale.
They are generated when I use OrderManager. Is this functionality still to
be completed or am I missing a step?

Thanks,
Evangelina

Re: Accounting Postings in POS

Posted by Evangelina Bowman <eb...@idalica.com>.
Hello Jacopo,

I've tested your revision and it worked great!  I still need to verify why
my GL transaction amounts for both the COGS and Inventory accounts are ZERO.
I probably do not have any costs associated with those products.

THANK YOU!
Evangelina

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.
Bilgin, Evangelina,

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.
Hi Evangelina,

I'd say that this is still not implemented.
Hopefully one of our POS gurus (Jacques et al) will jump in, but in the
meantime my guess is that the existing service (triggered by the
creation of ItemIssuances) is not well suited for POS sales.
Here is the eca (trigger) that we have setup to post to GL the
transactions for inventory issued to shipments:

<!-- create the accounting transactions for a sales shipment issuance
every time the inventory is issued to the shipment -->
<eca service="createItemIssuance" event="commit">
  <condition field-name="shipmentId" operator="is-not-empty"/>
  <condition field-name="inventoryItemId" operator="is-not-empty"/>
  <action service="createAcctgTransForSalesShipmentIssuance" mode="sync"/>
</eca>

Since in POS we don't have a shipment, the service is not run; my
question is: do we create ItemIssuances in POS? If yes, we can easily
create a new eca rule associated to a variation of the
"createAcctgTransForSalesShipmentIssuance" to do the trick...

Jacopo