Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Dirk Forchel <di...@exedio.com> on 2011/10/25 07:57:17 UTC

Enclosures and transparent WebContainer

Similiar to this post
(http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/Enclosure-changes-in-1-5-tp3822819p3822819.html)
I've got the same error message using the enclosure-tag and a transparent
WebContainer. I’ve just converted some working 1.4.18 code to 1.5.2 and got
the same error:

org.apache.wicket.WicketRuntimeException: Could not find child with id:
paymentOptionsPanel in the wicket:enclosure
            at
org.apache.wicket.markup.html.internal.Enclosure.checkChildComponent(Enclosure.java:232)
            at
org.apache.wicket.markup.html.internal.Enclosure.getChildComponent(Enclosure.java:211)
            at
org.apache.wicket.markup.html.internal.Enclosure.onInitialize(Enclosure.java:127)
            at
org.apache.wicket.Component.fireInitialize(Component.java:919)

Markup:

	<tbody>
		<wicket:enclosure child="column:info">
[Info]
		</wicket:enclosure>
	</tbody>

Java Code:

final TransparentMarkupContainer table_wrapper = new
TransparentMarkupContainer("table_wrapper");
// additional stuff goes here
add(table_wrapper);

final WebMarkupContainer column = new WebMarkupContainer("column");
// addition stuff goes here
add(column);
column.add( new Label( "info", getInfoModel() )
{

	@Override
	public boolean isVisible()
	{
		// some logic
		return getInfoModel()!=null && !Strings.isEmpty(
getInfoModel().getObject() );
	}
});

add( new Label( "list", new Model<String>("Test Items") ) );

The code worked fine on 1.4 (with a WebMarkupContainer and
isTransparent()-method retuning true) which makes me wonder if this is a
bug. If I would change the component hierarchy without using a transparent
WebContainer this would work as expected. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance for any help,
  Dirk

Re: Enclosures and transparent WebContainer

Posted by Dirk Forchel <di...@exedio.com>.
I've created a quickstart and a ticket in Jira (see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-4172).

Re: Enclosures and transparent WebContainer

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 7:43 AM, Dirk Forchel <di...@exedio.com> wrote:
> Here the correct markup:

The markup didn't make it.

Martin Grigorov
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development
http://jWeekend.com

Re: Enclosures and transparent WebContainer

Posted by Dirk Forchel <di...@exedio.com>.
Here the correct markup: