Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Ferdy Galema <fe...@kalooga.com> on 2008/02/15 17:48:00 UTC

Using jmx fails because of multiple port listeners

If I use the following parameters in mapred.child.java.opts, then the
Reduce tasks will inmediately fail with exit code 1.

-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=7575 -
Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false -
Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false

The problem is the fact that there are 2 JVM's spawned with this parameters,
despite the fact that tasks/node is 1. (The Reduce task is already being
started sort of, along with the Map task).

So how do I enable remote jmx connecting?